Tuesday 11 October 2011

The Importance of Bandwith

I'd like to talk a little about the importance of choosing the right bandwidth for your website. I've personally made the mistake of buying too little bandwidth for a site. And let me just say, as an owner nothing is quite as depressing as having your website crash and not having any tech support because you skimped on the price of your hosting plan. In this particular case my site was down for almost three months. The worst part of it for me was the thought of the potential return customers that now wouldn't bother checking my site based on it's reliability. Frankly I can't blame anyone for that kind of decision. If I attempt to go to a website and find it unavailable I most likely never go back to that site. The only exception there is if the site makes some improvements or has a really great SEO strategy and I find them ranked high up in a search engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment